Thursday, August 16, 2012

"What about your job???"

In the crazy past 2 weeks, I've had to address this question a lot:  What about your job?!

That is a great question.  I love my job!!!  The people I work with are outstanding, I like being a principal just as much (if not more...) than being a teacher, and I really will miss the kids so much!  I get a million hugs a day from 3 and 4 year olds (and so did Jordan when he was on the inside) and man do they say funny things.  I could have devoted a blog to that!

I will also say that working for a Catholic school really helped our family grow in our faith.  We both learned a lot and definitely had an impact on our relationship with each other, with Jordan, and with God.  So for that, we are thankful as well.

Yes, it is hard to leave.  It is an amazing opportunity for my professional career to be principal.  Plus I had incredible mentors and superb teachers to work with.  The parents are generous and the students are awesome!

As a family, we made the decision long ago, before we were married, that we wanted to follow Justin's career.  We discussed and decided that we accept 100% the crazy changes that come along with pursuing college coaching.  I know that I served a purpose at Roncalli but family comes first.  What a good problem to have that we are leaving a place and a school that we both love so much!
Here is a picture of me with the kids at the end of year assembly.  These kids had perfect attendance!
Aren't they cute????

And I have accepted a position in Jamestown at St. John's Academy/St. James parish as the Elementary and Sacremental Coordinator.  I will work 2 days a week and Wednesday evenings with CCD and the other days I get to do my most important job-- being Jordan's mommy!  oh... and traveling to basketball games of course! I am excited for my new adventure in a new town with a new job!!!

Oh... and here's a picture of the baby :)
Don't be too busy that you miss the blessings of today.

1 comment: