Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Move

Well, we did it.  I am SO proud of Justin advancing his career... but I did a lot of dragging my feet before this move, up and until the point I wasn't entirely packed on Moving Day!

Last Friday, our amazing friends/Northern family (even Roncalli family, too) Paul, Kelsie, Sam & Becca threw us a going away party.  It was so much fun getting all together but I think I kept dragging my feet there too... I think I kept them up until well past midnight.  And of course, every time someone left I got choked up.  It was hard saying goodbye to my teaching buddies, and Matt, Maria & Memphis.

Of course, I took virtually no pictures of this spectacular evening, however, did get one gem of our little Wolves Buddies.  Memphis Sevareid (15 months)  Sam Sather (9 years) Jordy (7 months) & Miss Becca (5 years) 


And one final shot of the evening... only a few people will recognize this scene...
 
Can't thank Paul and Kelsie & Matt and Maria for their welcome to Aberdeen, throwing us a baby shower, helping out with Jordy at a moments notice, and being some of our favorite people to work with, too.  As we left the Sathers that night, Justin commented that he will miss Sam & Becca because they are such great kids!  Great kids come from great parents I guess!  We also said goodbye to the Sevys... Justin's office buddy for 2 years and thank God Maria had Memphis in time to hand down some maternity clothes:)
 
Of course I would be remiss to say that another person that became part of our family is our daycare provider, Linda.  She loved Jordy and we call her his Aberdeen grandma.  One night when we picked him up her husband, Dale, commented how much he enjoyed seeing Jordan and that "his eyes are always smiling."  I think that is a perfect description of our little boy.  Even though I miss him when I'm at work, I always knew he was in loving hands.  Here is our little guy with one of his favorite people!!!
 
We will miss Aberdeen and the wonderful people we met there.  I keep telling myself "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

In other baby news, someone is pulling himself up to standing and 'walking' around with hands supported.  Uh oh!!!!!!!!!

Here he is in our new apartment in Jamestown, not a huge fan of our new baby gates:


And a video of him waiting for bath.  He LOVES baths!!! 



Until next time ... Don't get too busy that you miss your blessings of today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment