Monday, October 1, 2012

Double Ear Infections!

What a week!  Justin had to travel to Minneapolis to recruit last Wednesday, which as you know is my "busy" day at work (I work 8 am to 9 pm).  So, I had all ready planned to pick up Jordy at daycare around 5, run home grab the diaper bag and be back by 5:30 for a Sacrament tutoring session and then have him join the volunteer babysitting that night (she watches a 4 month old and 4 year old children of 2 of our catechists).  Which was all ready a big step for me since I didn't know this lady really well and I have NEVER left Jordy with someone I didn't know well.  (Although, if you think about, the daycare providers during the day are virtual strangers before you start.... Anyway...)

And yet, I get a call at 3:45 that he had woken up from a looooooooong nap (And I should back up and mention the kid slept ALL night in his crib and had to be woken up to even go to daycare, should've been a red flag!)  and that he had a fever of 102*.  My first instinct, of course, was to PANIC!!!  But I calmly told her to please give him 1.25mL of baby tylenol and I would call the doctor.  Well all the nurse said is "We can't just see every kid that has a fever."  I had a few interesting retorts since I have NEVER gotten that kind of response from our Pediatrics in Aberdeen (and I am on a first name basis with the receptionist & nurses, and if you remember, we lived next door to the Doctor).  So I calmly made an appointment for the following day in case he still had a fever and went to pick him up.  We decided between the two of us that his behavior was just unusual as he slept almost all day (what!) didn't finish all his food (unheard of!) was not interested in playing (who's baby?!) and was just a little too cuddly with me (of course I like cuddles but he's usually too busy!).  So I decided to take him to the walk-in clinic that was open until 5.

Upon entering a room of near death looking individuals coughing and hacking, we finally saw the doctor and thank goodness I listened to my instincts because Jordy had DOUBLE ear infections.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  So they called in a prescription for Amoxicillian and away we went to the local grocery store to pick it up.  At this point it's after 5 and I'm sweating because he STILL has a fever and haven't been home yet to get his neccesities to get back at work.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting.... NO PRESCRIPTION.  So since they're open until 9, we decide to leave.  And then I called back about 8:00 pm to check on Jordy's prescription.... STILL did not come in.  What the heck Dr!  So I did what any normal mother would do, I called the ER and asked for the doctor on call.  Explained the situation and the mystery of the missing prescription and sure enough he called it right in.  PHEW!  So, here is double ear infection boy.....


Still LOVES Walks!




 Playing hooky from Daycare with Mommy

 Snuggling with Kelsie in Aberdeen

 Playing with his friend Memphis in Aberdeen

Snoozing at Daddy's office



 Grouching at Mom for not getting breakfast fast enough!
 Giving Puppy kisses.  Still one of his favorite toys!  Thanks Great Grandma Rosalie!

Next up.... Jordy's 9 month check ups and how my "pinterest projects" have been going!  Cheers!!!

don't become so busy that you miss the blessings of today

No comments:

Post a Comment